Monday, July 12, 2010

grateful for love

Friday was my 23rd birthday, & I got the privilege to spend it with some of my favorite people.

I was driving to Becky & Megan's apartment to meet Becky to go out for dinner. She opened the door & a few of my girlfriends were all there. The apartment was all decorated & everyone looked so cute! I was so surprised!! Then, Tranica, one of my most favorite people ever came out of the back room & surprised me! I thought, this night can not get any better! I was with such beautiful ladies whom I love so dearly.
Becky BBQ, we danced, sang, acted silly & ate some good food & snacks. It was a perfect night!
A few hours later, just as the night was winding down, Megan called me into her room to give me a present. (Goo Goo Dolls tickets!!!! yes, SO stoked!!) then, I was walking back into the living room & opened the door, to find my closest guy friends, the boys of the band sleep for sleepers (go check them out, they are amazing). They were all standing there in a line, with presents (haha) & hugs. I was in such shock, that I could barely express how happy I was. SO much went into this evening, & it was so evident. I think that is what I appreciated so much. This last month was so hard to work such long hours (totally not complaining, it is what it is) & I wasn't able to spend much time with my friends, so I was so grateful to be around the people I love the most.
OK, so the neat thing is, everyone was in on it, & for quite some time haha. The boys even went as far as to put a fake show up on their myspace so that I would think they were playing a show in Arizona on my birthday, meaning they couldn't be there. Gosh, so clever! Needless to say, I was shocked, super surprised, & just full of joy. My birthday was definitely the best I have ever had.
The rest of the weekend was a blast too! I just got to spend quality time with such beautiful people, catching up, sharing jokes, & just being so content in eachother's presence.

Thank you SO much for everyone who partook in my birthday celebration.
Becky & Al, I know you both put so, so much work into planning everything - & believe me, it showed.

I love you all so much. I don't know why, but I am so blessed by the family of friends I have surrounding me.

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art....
It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.
-C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you had a wonderful birthday bren. I am encourage by your positivity. I know I never comment on many of your blogs but i do enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete