Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Non-Traditional Valentine's Day

I had a great day today.

It started off with meeting one of my favorites, Nicole, for lunch and a sweet stroll down 2nd street in Belmont Shores. I always love my time spent with this girl, she always knows how to make me laugh, that is for sure. We also had two little ones (twins, to be exact) join us for lunch, because Nicole was watching them. They're precious, right? I actually get to watch them for a bit tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to!


Then, I came home to get ready for my Valentine's date! Okay, so it wasn't a date with a boy, but it was with my great friend, Shannon! We are both single, and we wanted to be able to enjoy the festivities of this holiday as well! We went to Disneyland and rode a few rides, watched the end of the parade, got yummy Cinnamon Tea Lattes and sat on a bench on Main Street and just chatted. Oh! And, we took a picture with Minnie :) It was a wonderful night, and I am so glad I got to spend it with her.


So, all in all, my Valentine's Day was spent with two lovely ladies in my life, so I really can't complain.

But, then I came home, and ya know, things aren't easy. Things are not bad, by any means, but reality does hit once you get home, ain't that the truth?
The hardest thing about Valentine's Day, is not being able to share it with the person you love the most.

So, I'll leave you with this, because I am just in one of those moods.

David Ramirez, "Shoeboxes"

"Why did I hang onto your pictures?
Why did I hang onto that dress?
Because it kills me to see you, but it kills me not to
It kills me to remember & it kills me to forget
So I suppose you'll be in every song I sing
If not written in my words, you'll be hidden in these strings
Because how could I ever forget my first love?"

But hey, all you lovers out there, keep on loving. Don't take the person you love for granted. Remember, love never promised to be easy, and love never promised to always be full of great times, but loving that one person in the midst of those difficult times is what makes love so wonderful.

The worst thing you can do to the person you love the most, is to take them for granted. Make everyday "Valentine's Day", they are worth it.

XO
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment