Saturday, October 6, 2012

once upon a time... i got engaged!!





So, it's been a while...

I'm ENGAGED!!!

This is quite the delayed response, I know. It all happened a few weeks ago (September 8th). I woke up to what I thought would be an ordinary Saturday, but unbeknownst to me, it was going to be one of the biggest days of my life.

I spent the majority of the day at the beach with my girlfriends, Alex & Rebecca. They both knew what was going to happen that night, but they were just distracting me for the day. After the beach, I went home and waited for Jamey to come pick me up. We had plans to go to dinner and then meet up with Jon & Alex for a night at Knott's Berry Farm. 

Jamey took me to a hamburger joint in La Habra/Whittier area called G Burger. We were running a little behind, so we ordered our food to-go. While we were waiting for our food, Jamey got a call from his grandma asking him to come help her move something at her house for her. She lived down the street from where we were at, so he agreed to help her (even though we were running late). We got our food and then took off. I asked if I could wait in the car and eat because I was starving. He said he would only be about 10 minutes. He came out and said that she wanted to say hi to me, so I got out of the car. We walked up to the backyard gate, and when he opened it there were rows of tea light candles and two cars he made out of cardboard boxes with license plates that said "Abel" and "Price". Needless to say, I was floored. He told me that Knott's was not happening, and this was a surprise date night. I was so excited!! We stepped into our cardboard cars and walked around the corner in their backyard to find a screen set up, more candles, a swing and a projector. He set up a mock drive-in theater for our date night! I was amazed at how much work he put into this. We love going to drive-in's so that was super sweet. He said that we were going to watch my favorite movie, "High Fidelity" because I made him watch it 3 years ago, but naturally, I fell asleep. We started the film, and I jumped right into quoting it and just being so excited for our date night! 3 or 4 minutes into the film, it begins to skip... he acts confused, and then all of the sudden it spliced into another film -- except this was all planned. 

Jamey put together a video of him taking my best friend, Becky, to look at the ring he wanted to buy for me, followed by him and his grandparents building the wooden box he put the ring in (pictured above) and then him asking my mom for her blessing.

Umm.... WHAT?! Haha!! I was laughing and confused and all sorts of emotions at this point, and then ending in a puddle of tears, of course. I was completely shocked and surprised. I kept thinking there's no way this is really happening! After the video ended, he had me stand up, he got on one knee and then asked me to be his bride. Don't ask me exactly what he said, because I have no clue -- I was too emotional to listen. But, I said yes and we held each other for a while. He then told me that his sister was hiding taking photos the whole time! She came out to take a few after photos, which was really special. Afterwards, he asked if we could swing by his parents house to show them. We arrived and he opened the door and I see 60+ of our favorite people yelling "congratulations!!". More surprises!!! 

The rest of the night was spent sharing our story, laughter, tears and just so much love. I kept thinking to myself, I just thought today was going to be like any other Saturday, but boy was I wrong! I was the happiest I have ever been, and to think, this is just the beginning? I am blessed. No, blessed is an understatement. This is the best season I have ever experienced in my life, and I am taking it all in.

To my fiancĂ©, James Michael Price, you are the greatest man I have ever met, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life loving & serving you. I love you so much, and am inspired to give you everything I have, just to make this life of ours the best it can be. Thank you for being so thoughtful and creative when asking me to be your bride, I will never ever forget it.

[Here's how it all went down...]

Watching the beginning of "High Fidelity"...

Seeing his video & my mom come on the screen...

Him asking me to spend the rest of my life with him...

Putting the ring on...

I said YES! This was the best hug of my life.



XO
Brenda

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I don't even know you that well and this brought tears to my eyes! Looks like God brought you an amazing man, and what a lovely proposal! Again congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda! this is one of the most wonderful engagement stories i've ever heard. you two are so sweet, and so beautiful. my heart is filled with joy for you, i am SO happy you have such an terrific person by your side and to share life with! congrats congrats congrats dear lady, love you. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your proposal totally made me cry! What an amazing night and partner.

    WE NEED TO MAKE PLANS SOON! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, I'm seriously SOOOOO happy. I know I've said this multiples times already but just reading this and thinking how happy you would be makes me so happy. You're a beautiful woman and it will be such an amazing union of two beautiful people!! How amazing is God to make all of this happen?! Love you, sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this story. So, so happy for you. May you have a lifetime full of love and joy and goodness. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete