Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's That Time Again...

Where bags live under my eyes, gray hairs are sprouting up, getting home in the late of the night and waking up earlier than the birds - looking in the mirror and asking the important question, "How can I make this 'I just rolled out of bed, slept for 6 hours, and I'm still wearing the same makeup from yesterday' look work?".

Where passion and hope are what drive me through my day, and the sounds of typing and phones ringing are music to my ears.

It's tour season at LiNK, and things are about to get real crazy. I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it, though. Well, I could probably do without the lack of sleep, but hey it's all part of it.

I think this time is more special for me, because it's my final tour as a Regional Manager. This is my third tour as an RM, and I finish in December. Everything Leah and I do with this group of Nomads is memorable, because it's the final time. It's surreal.

With all of that, I am so grateful for this experience and opportunity that I've had for the last few years with LiNK. I couldn't have asked for a better group of Nomads to go out with.

So, here's to the final round. Let's go out with a bang, team.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about starting my school year. Anticipating the exhaustion, but also looking forward to the good moments and the relationships. I can relate to what you are feeling.

    Why is this your last season? What comes next for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brooke!

    When I was hired on to be a Regional Manager for LiNK, I signed an 18 month contract, so this December I will be finished. I have the option of looking into reapplying, but I have decided not to. I love LiNK, and I love my job, however, I feel it's time to move into a different direction.

    I am not sure what will be next for me! I am starting to think about that now, though. I would love to be able to take the month of January off and travel, so we will see :)

    How are you and Matt?!

    ReplyDelete