Friday, April 20, 2012

I'm Employed!

I love that my last blog post was titled "Lessons From Unemployment" and this blog post is about me becoming employed! Talk about a quick turn around, eh?

If you've been following my blog these last few months, you would be familiar with the fact that I've been on the job search and have not been successful. It's been such a tiring and at times, defeating, experience for me. I knew all along that something would come up soon, but when it's four months of being unemployed, you tend to get a little doubtful. This week I was off to a great start. I had two interviews on Monday and then one interview on Tuesday afternoon. I was hopeful that at least something would come up as a result to those interviews, and I am so excited to say that it has!

As of yesterday, I was officially offered a job as a Server back at CPK [California Pizza Kitchen]. I worked there a couple of years ago, but I left so that I could go work for LiNK. It's interesting to think that I worked there, left for LiNK, left LiNK, and now I am going back there.
Full circle? I think so!

This wasn't something I planned on doing, in fact, it was absolutely the furthest thing from what I wanted or expected to happen. But, I am learning that it's hard to find a job out there, and like I mentioned in my last post, I need to suck up my pride, and be responsible. Sometimes we need to do the things we don't want to do, in order to do the things we want to do. I guess that is what this next season will look like for me, in terms of a job.

But, I also want to stay positive about it. There are many pros to being a Server again: Flexible schedules, good money, being able to request time off, or even pick up extra shifts, still search for Nanny jobs and gain more experience in that field; just to name a few. I guess the only con of being a Server again is feeling like I am going backwards. But, that really isn't the case. Life happens, and I am learning that I need to roll with the punches as they come, and try to smile while doing it.

So, here I am, 25 years old is quickly approaching, and I will be a Server... again. I am grateful for this opportunity, and I want to treat this as a gift, and not a set back. I don't want my life to be all about my career, or where I work. I have never, and never want to be defined by these things.

I guess this is my season of humility and responsibility. Bring it on ;)

I posted this on Instagram after finding out I got the job.
It brought my heart SO much joy to know that I had so much support & love from my friends on finding a job.
Thank you all, for your prayers, encouragement & support. 

XO
,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment