Wednesday, July 24, 2013

spontaneity v.s planning


I recently went from being part-time (30 hours) to full-time (40 hours) at work. 
This came at the most perfect time, being a newlywed and all. 
When I was part-time, I had Fridays off, so every weekend was extra long for me. 
Now, I am seeing how fast the weekend can fly by if you don't plan for it.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes it's necessary to leave room for spontaneity on the weekend, but I don't want every weekend to be empty on my calendar. 
This is where planning and preparation come into play. 

I just want to make the most of my time. I was talking to a friend recently (who is also a newlywed), and we agreed that since we have been married, 
time seems to just move so much faster. 
It's a bittersweet thing, to me. 

source 

Jamey and I sat down last week to get our budget in order. I will say, doing that was one of the most "adult" things I've done in the last 8 years of being an adult. I felt responsible and organized. There was a lot of peace and excitement after we finished our budget. I think the thing I loved most about it, aside from setting a plan to be (bad) debt-free by October, 
was being able to set aside money to plan for things. 
For unexpected emergencies, for fun adventures, for gifts, for date nights, etc. 

I can't wait to travel and explore with my husband. 
I long to experience more of this world, and taste different foods, smell different scents... 
I want to see how big God is.

Sure, we can do this with spontaneity, 
but planning and preparing will help us get further than we can imagine.

XO
Brenda



PS- If you're looking for a good budget tool/app, I recommend EEBA
That's what we are using, and it's really helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment