Thursday, August 29, 2013

living simply & daydreaming of adventure




Our first Fourth of July in our home



Last week we officially hit the two month mark of being married (cue fireworks and sounds of clinking champagne glasses). Sixty days of love, learning and transition. I have learned more about myself in this short amount of time than I have in the last decade of my life. 
I have learned that time moves a lot faster than we want it to, 
and that every moment is invaluable.

When we returned from our honeymoon, we quickly slipped into a routine. We created weekly meal plans, went grocery shopping and worked on our budget. We had weekly date nights and had different friends over once a week. Our weekends consisted of movie nights where we'd drag our mattress out to the living room, and fall asleep to white noise and the air conditioner on full blast. 
This routine quickly became both familiar and exciting to us. 
We loved having our weeks remain low key and simplistic. 

Two months in, and I think we are in a place where we are craving more than just a simplistic routine. Don't get me wrong, we love our low key nights after a long day of work, but what if we wanted more? Time seems to move so quickly, and we don't want it to just slip right passed us. I want to soak in every moment of our marriage. I want to seize every opportunity to be the best wife I can be to Jamey. I want to experience all that life has to offer with my husband by my side. I just wonder sometimes, while we are sitting here enjoying our simplistic life, 
are we missing out on something grand and adventurous? 

These are just some of the random thoughts that take up space in my head. 
You know the ideas you spend daydreaming about? 
These are those thoughts. These are my daydreams.

XO,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment