Wednesday, September 4, 2013

seven day cleanse: day one

I'm twenty-six years old feeling like I am trapped in a forty year old's body.
Okay, maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, but I definitely have been feeling sluggish lately.

Jamey and I spent a month working out everyday after work. After working out, we'd go home and make dinner, and that felt great! We felt like we were finally taking care of our bodies, and more importantly investing in our health.

The problem? I don't feel as good as I had hoped. I felt like we were putting in so much work, 
but not really experiencing the results we had imagined. 
That is when we decided we wanted to look into doing a cleanse or a detox. 
I went straight to the source we all go for our valuable and pertinent information: Pinterest.

That's where I found the 7 Day Cleanse, aka "Eat Your Heart Out" diet. I did some research and felt like this would be a good diet/cleanse/detox/whatever for us. 
It seemed both doable and healthy. 
I want to document how each day went, how I felt, and my reflections.


Today is day one: fruits only (except bananas).

Shopping cart full of fruits & veggies!
We cut up all of our fruit the night before. This made eating is much easier!

We started today off with a smoothie (raspberries, blueberries and oranges). It was not the best, but certainly not the worst tasting smoothie I've had. The smoothie held me over until about 9:30am and that's when I snacked on some apple slices. At about 11am, I was extremely hungry. We take our lunch at 12, so I was really looking forward to it! We had prepared a fruit salad (watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, blueberries and strawberries. 
That was delicious and very filling! 

Around 3pm, I had a headache (no coffee!) and was beginning to feel weak. For dinner, we made another smoothie (peaches, oranges and strawberries). Now that it's the end of the night, I am feeling light headed, tired and weak.  
Oh, and hungry.

So, my reflections? I am mixed, to be honest. I want to push through this "cleanse", but I am also concerned that it may not be the healthiest or most beneficial choice. 
I am doing a bit more research on the side effects, and will make my decision soon.

XO,
Brenda



No comments:

Post a Comment