Friday, September 6, 2013

seven day cleanse: day two


**This blog post is from yesterday's experience:


I can't remember the last time I woke up as grumpy as I was this morning (sorry Jamey!). I am never that chipper when I wake up, but who is at 6:30am? Today was bad though. 
We started to cut up and prepare all of our veggies, 
but with each slice and cut I was dreading what today would be like.

day two: vegetables only 
(with one baked potato in the morning)


We put our potatoes in our crockpot before we went to sleep so that they'd be ready to eat in the morning. I will say it was like biting into heaven... real FOOD! We sprayed a little of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" on the potato and I added a little bit of minced garlic and salt. 
I wanted this potato to taste better than what the rest of the day was going to taste like.

Hello, "breakfast"

Around 9am I was already hungry. I ate a large portion of carrots and bell pepper slices. It wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be, but still didn't make me feel any better. This time I was dreading lunch. I was so hungry, and felt so tired, but I knew that lunch was just going to consist of spinach leaves, more carrots and bell peppers. We didn't get too creative with our vegetable day.

At lunch we both looked miserable. We talked about how we were feeling, and we came to the conclusion that the only reason we'd keep this diet up would be for the sake of pride. I can be a pretty prideful person, but I didn't feel this was worth it. 
We felt we weren't getting the nutrients our body needed to fully function, 
so we decided to end the diet.

So, my reflections? Everyone is different. That's why there are so many diets/cleanses/detoxes out there. Some work, some don't... some are healthy and some are not. We didn't feel that this diet was beneficial for our bodies. It's so important to listen to your body, 
and with that it may mean tuning out some of the voices around us. 

The benefits of starting this diet were that it opened our eyes to what we are normally eating, and the portions of specific foods that we need to change. We have hopes of finding something more suitable for us, and something that doesn't leave us feeling like zombies all day. 



XO,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment