Thursday, August 1, 2013

the itch to leave, the desire to create



he is the best thing




I have an itch.


I want to go on an adventure soon. Or, maybe I just am desiring a little bit of change. Am I crazy for wanting that, considering the fact that it's only been a little over a month since I got married? I'd say that's one of the biggest changes/adventures you can ever experience! I think what it really comes down to is that I want to go on an adventure/experience a change with my husband. 
There. That sounds much better.

I've moved 20+ times, had 17 jobs and have done some pretty radical things in my life. I am used to change. I used to hate it, but now I believe it's just innately in my blood. I have always wanted to turn that into something for the better. That's why I believe I grew up being a creative person. Creating became something I would do when I'd have that itch to move, quit, leave, etc. Instead of doing those things which may have set me back, I'd create. Whether that be writing, music, performing, art. Heck, even learning a new recipe. 
I have learned to just create in the midst of those awful itches.

Now that I am a wife, I want to learn how to have a healthy balance between the itch to GO and the choice to just CREATE instead. The fact is, both are great; both are necessary to experience a joy filled life. And, it really comes down to another fact -- I no longer am living this life according to my own desires and inclinations. I have made a commitment to journey through this life with Jamey. 
The best part is I am pretty sure he and I experience these itches and creative moments at similar times.


We're going to have a great life together.

XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment