Monday, June 1, 2009

& the world spins madly on

As of Saturday night, my nomadship with LiNK officially ended. There were times that I was looking so forward to that evening, not because I hated what I did, but because I just wanted reality to start again & have my normal life back. Now, I don't know how I feel. I am excited to get my life back in order, however a part of me feels so empty. I just spent the last three months dedicating everyday to this organization and spreading awareness of the North Korean humanitarian crisis, to now doing what?... looking for a job? sleeping on my mother's couch? being broke? I guess I just need to find my place again. I am grateful because on June 15th I start my new internship with LiNK as the Artist Relations intern. That position will look so different from what I just did. It will only be two days in the office and the rest will be on the side. I am excited for it though.

Don't get me wrong, I am excited to get my life in order and to find my place; it's just not as exciting as I thought it would be. I guess I'll give it more time.

I have been listening to this band called "the weepies" a lot lately [thanks to my girl, Carolyn!] & it is just beautiful, simple music that makes me so happy. I am listening to this song called "Can't go back now" & I love the lyrics.
"In the end the only steps that matter are the ones you take all by yourself"

I love that.

you&me, walk on, walk on, walk on, you can't go back now.

So true. So that is what I will be working on, walking on.

5 comments:

  1. AH! FAVORITE SONG! thats the one i made you listen to in the car because its my favorite and describes my life!! I was walking in monopoly land yesterday and i was going to text you but it was pouring and i didnt want my phone to break anymore than it already is...but i wanted to tell you I MISS YOU!!!! a Cali trip is SO in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh carolyn! i love you girl. you are so precious! yes, please come to the west soon!!! <3 hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no you dont meg, the weepies suck. sorry bren. but ill stick by this, like you stood by joanna newsome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, heard the news about the North Korean journalists being released and thought of you! Seems like a great time to be a part of your organization because it is a perfect time for awareness raising. You should blog about what you are doing this summer! See you soon hopefully!

    ReplyDelete