Monday, May 31, 2010

tomorrow starts a new chapter

"If you live gladly to make others glad in God, your life will be hard, your risks will be high, and your joy will be full."
— John Piper, "Don't Waste Your Life"


As I sit here in my living room on my comfy couch, I am reflecting on this month. It has been a month filled with fun days & nights, emotional moments, spiritual challenges, mind-altering conversations & all in all, amazing memories. I am so grateful for the life I have, & the people around me. I've been able to spend so much time with my best friend, Becky & that has been such a blessing to me. Her mother passed away this month, after battling stage four cervical cancer & that has led her to move in with me. We used to be roommates, so it actually feels more than normal to see her everyday & even to share a room with her. The Lord has shown me so much through my friendship with Becky. She is truly such an example of what it means to be a faithful servant of God & to fully trust Him despite the hardships in her life.
We were able to get away for a little bit & make a trip to Las Vegas. We had so much fun with our friends & it was a nice break away from all of our daily lives. I'm so glad May was a productive month & also just a blast! Now, I am ready to get back into reality & really begin to step into the next [big] chapter in my life...
I've spent the last year volunteering/interning with a non-profit called LiNK|Liberty in North Korea & now they've asked me to come on board as a full time staff member. Starting tomorrow, I will be a Regional Manager. I am beyond excited! I know that this is totally of the Lord just because of how it all came about. God has truly been an amazing provider for me & I can't wait to see what doors this position opens up for me.
So, it's time to say goodbye to the flexible, unemployed, free lifestlyle that I was living & say hello to the M-F, 9-5 office lifestyle! Not completely. However, I know this is going to be such a unique transition for me. I've never done something of this sort, but I trust I have been placed in this position for a purpose. I need to work on my confidence. All in all, I am stoked & ready for this!
Hope you all are well & blessed.

Keep fighting the good fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment