Thursday, December 30, 2010

Out With the Old, in With the New?

The only thing I had "planned" on my vacation from work, was to clean my room. Sounds pathetic, right? It's just always the last thing I want to do when I get home from work. So, I always put it off. Well, today was the day to clean, and also do laundry. It feels good. I tell ya, it's the little things in life :)

I was going through all of my clothes, some old, very few were new, and I am looking at them and saying "I don't need this... I never wear that..." Why do I still have them then? I made a pile to get rid of and/or take to Buffalo Exchange. I am hoping I can gain a couple extra dollars from some of my clothes. But, on a more serious note (what is a blog from Brenda that doesn't have a 'serious note', right?) - I would never say that I am one to dress skanky, or even really inappropriate, but I have a few things that might even be slightly questionable. I almost feel weird bringing this up in a blog, or even to the public, but I just felt I should say something. A few weeks ago, someone I admire a lot, challenged me with something I was wearing. They weren't being malicious or even judgmental, but just making sure to hold me accountable to the standard I claim to hold to myself. To be truly honest, I didn't even think twice about the shirt I was wearing. I had no impure intent behind it, I just threw on a shirt, and walked out the door.

Ever since that night, my friend's words have kept replaying in my head every time I get dressed. I am trying to look in the mirror and ask myself, is what I am wearing representing myself the way I want to be represented? Am I giving off the impression that I want the rest of the world to have of me? If it's even questionable, then maybe I shouldn't be wearing it. After all, is it even worth it? Ladies, the truth is, we don't understand men and the way they think. We never will, and Lord knows, I don't want to even begin to try.

Maybe I am the only one who needed to hear this, but maybe not. It's a challenge that was placed on me, so I am choosing to pass along the same challenge.

My room is tidy, my clothes are clean, and I can now look at my wardrobe and feel confident about what I will wear.

... I just need to make a trip to Buffalo Exchange now, and give away my 'old clothes'. I think it's time for some new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment