Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Never Too Late For Goals!

I took a minor break from the blogging world, your forgiveness is greatly appreciated!

Considering that my last blog post was about the highlights of 2010, I found it appropriate to write a blog about my goals/resolutions/hopes/dreams for 2011. Like I've mentioned before, I am really looking forward to this year. I have a positive outlook on it, and I am ready for all that God has in store for me!

Here are a few to start off:

1. Read and study the entire New Testament
2. Write and Blog more
3. Write more music and play more shows
4. When it's possible, save money
5. Go on a vacation. Goal: road trip to Cornerstone Music Festival this summer
6. Start a hobby/Learn a craft
7. Take a hip-hop dance class
8. Be more intentional with those around me
9. Become a part of a small group and meet with a mentor
10. Daily work on becoming a Proverbs 31 Woman

I know there are many more goals that will come up along the way, but these are a few tangible things I want to really spend this year working on, and working towards. I am excited to say that I have already began working on a few of these things!

1. I signed up for a (free) account on YouVersion, where you can choose a Bible Reading Plan, and you can have friends "follow you" and hold you accountable. I really have enjoyed this, however I've fallen behind quite a bit, but I will not be discouraged by this. I am going to readjust my plan, and keep at it.

2. Obviously, I've been slacking off in updating this blog, but now that I have more time, I will try to keep it up. I've been writing a lot more as well. It's something I need to do more, in order to become better at it. I recently was asked to come on staff for an amazing website called Christ Core. It's a website that has devotionals, CD reviews and interviews. I've been asked to write bi-weekly devotionals. I am really excited about this new opportunity!

The rest are a work in progress.

I love you all, and I can't wait to spend more time with all of you, now that my schedule has opened up.

Keep fighting the Good Fight-
Bren

No comments:

Post a Comment