Sunday, March 13, 2011

San Diego Has A Piece of Me

"The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, & walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had." 
-Author Unknown

When I read this quote, I immediately think of one of my favorite people in the world, Tranica. She and I have been friends since we were in youth group together, and at around 19 years old, we became very close. Tranica has a sweet soul, loves Jesus, and pursues people whole-heartedly. She resides in San Diego, has the greatest laugh in the world, and is one of the best cooks I know. I believe we have such a strong connection because of our sisterhood in the Lord. I cherish my relationship with Tranica because we allow each other into the deepest and most vulnerable areas of our lives.



Distance has been a huge block for the majority of our friendship, yet it has never defeated us. Tran is someone who I know, at any given point in time, would be there for me if I ever needed her. More than just someone to talk to, Tran will listen with such an open and sincere heart and she receives so much of what I have to say as well.



I thank the Lord so much for my friendship with Tran. I know that anytime spent together, is going to be a memorable time, and more importantly, we will walk away being filled up. I am so blessed by her, and I look forward to our weekly e-mail updates, and I love that we can share that with each other.



Tran, I can't wait for our future, and what is in store for both of our lives. I know one day we will be sitting on a porch, drinking sweet tea, in Georgia, reflecting on our youth.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment