Thursday, December 8, 2011

She & Him Christmas Album Review

*This is only my second CD review that I've done, but I really enjoy doing them. I did a review of A Very She & Him Christmas for my church's blog. Enjoy! 

Every year during the Christmas season I am always curious to see what holiday albums will come about. Some artists will just regurgitate what has already been done, while some artists take a what was once a holiday classic and offer their own spin to it. That is exactly what She & Him did with their A Very She & Him Christmas album. From beginning to end, this album offers a consistent, tranquil and classic sound that will please both their indie and jazz fans out there.
When this album came out, I knew I needed to hear it. Being a huge fan of Zooey’s endearing vocals, I expected nothing less with this album. I am glad to say that Zooey and M. Ward met my expectations with this album. They took 12 holiday classics and offered a refreshing and refined tune to the holiday songs we grew up listening to. With classics such as “I’ll Be Home For Christmas”, “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” and “Baby, It’s Cold Outside”, you will find yourself humming along with Zooey and M. Ward.
Zooey’s vocals accompanied by M. Ward’s simple yet sweet strums make for a wonderful melodious Christmas album. Overall, if you are looking for a fresh Christmas album to wrap your presents to or enjoy a cup of coffee and a good read with background music to create the right mood, A Very She & Him Christmas is the perfect album for you. Choosing to end their album with the classic, “The Christmas Song” was, in my opinion, their best decision. I think most people will find their rendition of this song to be a new favorite.
And, what is better than a great Christmas album? A great Christmas album that supports a great cause! A portion of profits from every album sold is being donated to 826 National, which is a non-profit organization that provides resources for eight writing and tutoring centers in the US.
May your ears be enlightened and your heart soothed by the beautiful sounds and harmonies of She & Him this Christmas season.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment