Sunday, December 16, 2012

Recent Travels

Last weekend was such a great experience with my future in-laws (Jamey's mom & sister). They took me on a little weekend getaway to Chicago to get to know me better and just enjoy a true winter season.  I didn't have many expectations prior to our trip, since I've never been. I just was looking forward to a good getaway and experiencing a fresh area for the first time, with my future family.

We did a lot of walking, but I loved it! Walking is such a great way to really experience a city for its true beauty. We window shopped, saw the iconic spots of Chicago and ate really amazing food. We had a neat hotel blocks away from the hub of the city, which was so convenient. We made plans, but we didn't hold to them to strictly, just so we could have the freedom to be adventurous.

I am so blessed to have had that experience. I am even more blessed to become a part of such a loving family, like the Price's.

Here are some of my favorite photos from the trip:


Our super modern hotel, Hotel Felix
Big reason why I loved Chicago: bridges. everywhere.
                                                 
I loved the architecture in this city. Especially the bricks!
                                       
1,506 feet in the air :) Such a breathtaking view of the city.
                                      
Biggest highlight: visiting two spots of where my favorite movie was filmed, High Fidelity
                                     
The original spot where the record store in the film was shot.
[I also bought my first vinyl from a local record store two doors down from here -- Bon Iver].
                                     
Stephanie, me & Sherri at The Bean -- taking a photo of our reflection.


Sherri & Stephanie, I can't thank you enough for taking me on such a memorable trip. You ladies are so lovely & blessed me immensely!

XO,
Brenda
                                     


2 comments:

  1. looks like so much fun! i enjoyed seeing all your Instagram pictures! Ive always wanted to go there!

    alycia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! Really makes me want to travel to Chicago!

    ReplyDelete