Friday, March 1, 2013

my fridays

I love Fridays! Who doesn't?

I must say, I am pretty blessed by the job I have. I work at Biola University, in the School of Business as the Administrative Assistant. More than just loving my job because of the place I work, and the atmosphere I am surrounded by, I love my work schedule. I work Monday through Thursday, 7:30am-4pm. I get every Friday off, and although I have an early morning start, I get to leave work early. I know that I won't work here for forever, and my work schedule won't necessarily stay like this, but until it changes, I will gladly take it all in & enjoy it!

So, what's an average Friday for me look like?

I love Fridays because I get to wake up whenever I want. Since my work week begins so early, it's nice knowing that I just have to push it to Friday and I then I get to sleep in! Most Fridays I am up by 8:30 or 9am, so it's nothing too crazy, but it's nice not waking up to an alarm.

 I LOVEEEE coffee. I don't start a single day without it. Since I leave so early for work during the week, I wait until I get to work to drink my coffee (part of my job is to make coffee every morning for our staff & faculty). So, on Fridays I like to enjoy a slow start to my mornings with a cup of french press of coffee. My roommate, Becky, loves coffee too so we usually enjoy it together, which is nice because she has Fridays off too :)

I pull out my calendar and agenda and look at my bills for the week and make sure I am on top of my finances. I pay anything I need to pay, and plan ahead for the following week(s). I hate financial surprises, so this keeps me focussed. I also like to do this as practice for marriage, since I will be the "accountant" between the two of us.


I get caught up on all my blogs (whoo-hoo!) since during the week I don't really read many blogs. And, usually I write a blog post on Fridays as well.

I watch a few shows while I am doing all of the above things, and I definitely enjoy that too!






(Recently) I've been trying to get into a workout regiment, so I will do a workout either in my living room to the amazing Turbo Jam or at our apartment gym.

I will run any errands that I need to for the week, and also grocery shop if I am low on food (sometimes I do this in the middle of the week, it just depends).


That about sums up an average Friday for me! What is your favorite day of the week & why? Do you have a weekly routine?

XO,
Brenda




                                         

2 comments:

  1. I especially like that calendar entry on the 16th. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I am amazed that you can see that clearly! Yeah girl, so stoked!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete