Thursday, July 24, 2014

bucket list: updates & progress

It's been a year since I wrote a blog post about my Bucket List. I thought it would be fun & motivating if I revisited it. I was surprised that although I may not have accomplished a lot of these things, I have started the process of several of them! I figured it would be good to edit my Bucket List with my progress!

bucket list #14
bucket list #17

bucket list #31



  1. Write a Bucket List   7/26/2013
  2. Bungee jump
  3. Skydive
  4. Visit every state in the USA
  5. See Death Cab For Cutie live 7/12/2015
  6. Publish a book, &/or a piece of my writing
  7. Have complete tattoo sleeves on both arms & have both of my thighs done
  8. Go in a hot air balloon
  9. Learn to sew
  10. Travel the country in an RV with my husband (& kids, if applicable)
  11. Eat pizza in Italy
  12. Drink Framboise in Belgium
  13. Get over my fear of the ocean
  14. Take up photography as a hobby 12/25/2013 Jamey bought me a Diana Camera. I've been taking it with me on our trips to capture photos unique way. I want to make it more of a hobby though!
  15. Spin a globe, point my finger & travel to the place I've landed on
  16. Have a pen pal  I can't remember when we exactly became pen-pals, but my beautiful friend Leah & I starting writing each other last year. We worked very closely together at LiNK, and now she lives in NY. I love being able to write each other and keep in touch!
  17. Go to a shooting range 11/30/2013 We visited Jamey's family in Little Rock, Arkansas for Thanksgiving. His Uncle Jim took us all to a shooting range, and we shot clay pigeons!
  18. Hang glide
  19. Spend New Year's Eve in Times Square
  20. Raise a family 
  21. Climb Half Dome (Yosemite)
  22. Be a professional Blogger
  23. Go on a cruise 1/14/2016
  24. Go to Israel, and walk where Jesus walked
  25. Live in another state
  26. Go sailing
  27. Climb up the Statue of Liberty
  28. Graduate from College I'm very far from taking this off of my bucket list, but I am going back to school this fall & I am very excited about it!
  29. Learn to make candles &/or soap
  30. Learn to garden
  31. Eat a meal & talk about life with my favorite author, Shauna Niequist 11/23/2013 This didn't "technically" happen, but I did attend a women's event where we had a meal, and Shauna spoke. Afterwards, I got her to sign my Bread & Wine book, and we chatted for a few minutes. I'm pretty sure that's the closest I'll ever get to scratching this off of my bucket list.
  32. Retire comfortably 7/31/2013 On my one year anniversary at Biola, I was able to sign up for a 403b (equivalent to 401k). I committed to putting away 5% of each paycheck into my 403b. The best blessing is that Biola matches 8% of my 5%. One of the best decisions I've made!
  33. Have an all-natural, at home (or birth center) delivery
  34. Have a home with a wrap around porch
  35. See the Northern Lights in Iceland
  36. See one of my favorite bands from backstage/side stage
  37. Have a White Christmas
  38. Go to Ireland for St. Patrick's Day
  39. Be fluent in American Sign Language
  40. Visit where my ancestors are from in Romania
  41. Plant an Avocado Tree


2 comments:

  1. Yay for getting some of this done!! We should find a time to make soap/candles. I've always wanted to and it would be fun to do together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I remember you saying that when I originally posted this. Let's do it! I don't even know where to get started. I wonder which one would be easier??

      Delete