Wednesday, July 9, 2014

twenty-seven

// my love & i on the 4th of july //
my last few days of being twenty-six


If you would have asked me a few years ago how I felt about getting older, I would have told you that I was dreading it. I used to have this fear of getting older, and all the responsibilities and expectations that came with it. But, each year that I've made it through my 'mid-twenties', I've realized it wasn't as bad as I'd imagined. I've since started to think more positively about aging.

Twenty-six was such a good year for me. I'd go as far as to say it was my best year yet. And, if I remember correctly, I said that about my 25th year, too; so it looks like there's an awesome pattern happening here. This past year was full of so many changes, transitions and memories. I became a wife, moved into my first home with Jamey, and gained new family members. I started my second year at Biola, I became debt-free, set up a budget, and started a retirement plan. I traveled more in my 26th year than any other year (I think I took 8 trips!!). I made the decision to go back to school, and to take it seriously (I start this fall). Twenty-six was also the first time I followed through with my goal to become healthier. I signed up for a fitness bootcamp in April, and have been going an average of four times a week! I celebrated our first wedding anniversary with Jamey, and was able to reflect on our first year of marriage, as well as set goals for our second year.

It's hard to fit my entire twenty-sixth year into one blog post, let alone one paragraph. But, I want to make it a point to reflect on each year of my life. I think it's adorable when new moms do monthly posts about their babies, and write out what they like and dislike, and the changes they are making. So, I suppose I'll mimic that in some adult-like way. ;)

Twenty-seven, I'm ready for you. I am hoping for you to be a year full of more memories, and even more adventures. I want you to be the year that I start school, and actually enjoy it. I want you to be the year that I leave the country with my husband (fingers crossed for Ireland!). I am determined for you to be the year I become the healthiest I've ever been, and the year I find a new sense of confidence. And, I think you'll be the year that I will get a bit more ink on my skin & where I get a puppy. A girl can dream, right?

To everyone who shared in the memories and moments of my twenty-sixth year, I love and value you. It would not have been the year it was, if it weren't for each and everyone of you.

XO
Brenda


No comments:

Post a Comment