Sunday, August 12, 2012

Back & Better Than Ever

After much hassle (the good kind) from my boyfriend, Jamey, I've decided to blog again. I honestly never intended to take a "break", but I guess life just kind of got in the way. But alas, here I am, back & stoked on it.

My last post was over a month ago, and it was about losing a substantial amount of money, and absolutely despising my job as a Server at CPK. Well, many things have changed since that post, including my attitude.

I went through a pretty extensive interviewing process with Biola University, and ended up being offered a job as the Administrative Assistant for the Crowell School of Business. It all happened really fast, to be honest, but I was just so excited and surprised. I was one of 60 applicants, down to 10 of us being interviewed, then 5, then down to 2 and then I was offered the position. I don't say that for any type of bragging rights, but rather as a reminder for me to be humbled and grateful that the Lord provided me with this job.

Working for Biola University has been a desire of mine for quite some time now. It's a wonderful university, which many of my friends attended, and I've also known and know many people who work there. I've only ever heard remarkable things about being employed by Biola, so I knew that was the place I wanted to end up at someday. And now that I'm here, I couldn't be happier. I'm truly blessed.

My best friend & I celebrating my new job! Cheers!


[This was posted on the Biola Employee website!]


Another huge update since my last post is that I've recently moved out with two of my girlfriends to the sweet city of Orange. I've kind of been somewhat of a "nomad" for the last 7 months. Hopping from couch to couch, staying with family, staying with friends. It was far from fun, and left me feeling completely unstable (my car was a huge reflection of this too). We were just waiting for the best option to come along, and for me to save enough money. Once all of that took place, we immediately jumped on the great opportunity to move into these gorgeous apartments in Orange. It's been a little over a month since we've moved in, and still, everyday we are so happy to be here. This place offers us so much, and we for once, feel like we are at home. I don't think I'll ever get sick of living here, or even get used to living here. It's that wonderful.

So, there you have it - my two big updates. And, I have to admit, they are two of the best updates I have had in a long time.

A friend of mine asked me recently, how I was doing, in general, and I replied, "Perfect." And I mean it. No, life is not perfect, and I certainly am far from perfect, but I really have no complaints in this current season of my life. I know this won't last forever, and I'm okay with that, but for now, I will take it all in, and be so grateful for everything I have. I can look back on the beginning of this year and see how much of a low I was in and see where I am now, and know that God is completely the reason why I am here. What a faithful and loving God we serve!

I am excited to have a more consistent schedule now, so I can get back into the groove of blogging regularly.

I hope you are all doing well!

XO,

Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blogging world! Congrats on your job! Glad you're in a happy season of life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could "like" this post. Love you, panders.

    ReplyDelete