Sunday, May 5, 2013

Why I Blog

I took a break from blogging for the last month, mainly because of how busy I've been, but also to reevaluate why I am on here in the first place. For the majority of the last year, I haven't really felt like an effective writer or blogger. I think for once, I have found myself in such a perfect place in life. I fell absolutely in love with my now fiance, and I think I just really wanted to live out my life, rather than invest in writing about it.

I don't want this to be the case though. I believe there was a season for it, but I really feel drawn back here for some reason. I want to be a writer who stays true to myself. I don't want to write about something because it's trendy or what other popular bloggers are writing about. I want the reasons I write anything on here to be to help others, to speak into people's lives, and to validate their feelings in the seasons they have found themselves in. I also want to use this as a platform to document my own life. The good and the bad. I generally have used this blog to keep track of the things I experience so that I can always reflect back on it.

So there you have it, that is the kind of writer I am and these are the topics you can expect to find on here. I commend each and everyone of you out there for staying true to yourself and what you feel compelled to write about. It isn't easy putting your words out into cyberspace, but I hope you know that you have a friend in me who can understand and appreciate you doing exactly that.



XO
Brenda

1 comment:

  1. I love this:) I don’t think I’ve ever commented before, but I felt compelled to do so today.

    I’ve been reading your blog for a while and I LOVE IT. I love reading your thoughts and about your daily life.

    Blogging can feel like a really hard tug-of-war sometimes. I struggle ALL THE TIME with wanting to write what I want to write about (which is usually just my day-to-day life or my honest thoughts on God), but feeling like maybe my blog is irrelevant because I’m not doing what other bloggers or doing. Or feeling guilty because I’m not as consistent as other bloggers are. All that is to say that I can completely relate to how you feel. And I hope that you keep being exactly who you are. That keep writing when you feel like writing and that you write about whatever makes you happy. And when you don’t feel much like writing about life, but want to spend more time living it, go for it 100%:) There is so much in life that can’t be captured in writing, anyway. You might as well be out there enjoying it<3

    I look forward to your future posts, whether they’re once a month, once a week, or once a year.

    ReplyDelete